Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with Blue Cheese Crema
2 lbs. ground chicken
1 cup sweet onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups Panko japanese breadcrumbs
2 egg yolks
3/4 cup Moore's Blue Cheese Buffalo wing sauce
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
Blue Cheese Crema:
1/2 cup creme fraiche
2 tablespoons creamy blue cheese (gorgonzola or Maytag blue)
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Spray two, rimmed 18 x 13 baking sheets with nonstick pan spray. Set aside.
2. Heat a small skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil and allow it to heat before adding the onions. Sautè the onions until soft but not browned, approximately 3 minutes, cool briefly.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the garnishes. Mix by hand making sure not to over-mix (over-mixing will toughen the meatballs). Chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes before forming. Due to the leanness of the chicken meat, the mixture will be loose, gently form into 1 inch meatballs. Place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
5. Roast meatballs for approximately 18-20 minutes or until an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
6. Place meatballs on serving platter. Either drizzle with the Blue Cheese Crema (see below) or Blue Cheese Buffalo Sauce or serve both sauces on the side.
To make Blue Cheese Crema, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.